Richfield and Bloomington Clubs Conduct Joint Visioning Session
On Thursday, August 20, District Visioning Team leaders Gayle Noakes (left) and Russ Michaletz facilitated a joint visioning session that included 5 representatives each from Bloomington Daymakers and Richfield Rotary Clubs and the President of the Bloomington Noon Rotary Club. President Anthony Bradford, John and Barb Devlin, Jean Fox, and President-Elect Chip Groth represented the Richfield Rotary Club. District Governor Tim Murphy also attended.
Club Similarities and Differences
Representatives of each club shared highlights regarding club membership; priorities; community, international, and vocational service activities; and fund-raising.
Similarities noted among clubs included a focus on youth (especially teens); active member engagement in projects (“sweat equity”); international project focused on India; all have membership and fund-raising as priorities.
Differences include Richfield’s efforts to reflect the community’s diverse demographics in membership recruitment, service priorities, and club activities. Differences in club size also create differences in communication and fund-raising strategies and results.
Areas of Consensus
Following small group discussion and sharing, the whole group identified the following areas of consensus:
- No merger of clubs at this time
- Pursue opportunities for collaboration among clubs such as periodic joint service projects and meetings. JSchedule periodic multi-club social / networking events A representative of Bloomington Daymakers will convene
- Expand cross-club communications to increase awareness of make-up, networking and service opportunities across clubs.
Small group reporters included Barb Devlin (far left), Mark (center) and Jason (right) from the Bloomington Daymakers Club.
- Club presidents will ask their respective club service chairs (David Butler and/or Marlene Evenson for Richfield Rotary) to discuss possible collaborative service projects.
- Jean Fox volunteered to meet other club representatives to plan some joint meetings.
- Mark from the Daymakers Club will convene the club social chairs to plan one or more joint club social / networking events.
Special thanks to Daymakers President Stephanie Smith for making the meeting arrangements, to Gayle Noakes and Russ Michaletz for facilitating, and to District Governor Tim Murphy for his attendance and support.