Thought for the Week: Anthony Bradford – The thought was insightful from Audre Lorde: "When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed".
- Denise Kneifel-Rosemount Rotary upcoming authentic Irish meal with a drawing for a fabulous 5 day trip to Ireland For more info: www.rosemountrotary.org
- Laura Briggs—Best friend in labor
- Steve Larsen— Supporting Mayor's efforts to raise money to purchase a 3D Printer for the schools ($15,000)
- Jay Clark waarm enough to ride his motorcycle
- Pam Sedar – attending a baby shower for her daughter.
- Anthony—My car was front ended twice—same day, same place, by the same driver, and it survived. (at a drive through)
Laura Briggs reminded the attendees that Rotary Club of Richfield March Madness for Polio Plus it in full swing. Please bring any of your unwanted gift cards to be placed in the prize pool. The number of prizes depends on the number of donated gift cards
Rotary Club of Richfield Upcoming Service Projects:
- Cleaning up the Wood Lake Nature Center parking lot located on Lake Shore Drive. April 23 or April 30th. April 30 is Earth Day Weekend.
- Steve remind the group of the upcoming Matters More Event: March 3rd-6-8 pm packing medical equipment for key countries worldwide.
Presentation: Greg Hanks Executive Director, Southdale YMCA, and Maddy Lund, Outreach Coordinator Southdale YMCA
Greg shared the strategic plan for 2016-2019.
He spoke of the Southdale YMCA’s new and expanding services in and around the communities. He highlighted the following volunteer opportunities.
- One 2 One program. (Works to develop partnerships, design programs, and recruit mentors) mentoring program.
- Fraser Independent Living Wellness program.
- Minnesota Life College
Greg also mentioned activities offered to kids through the Y including:
- Shattuck St. Marys (Life Skills)
- Camp Menogyn Ely, MN
- Camp Kici Yapi-leaders in training
Y Start program (Helping kids and families stay connected) which is an 8 week after school program. Helping youth with education, service opportunities, and recreation. It is being offered at the Richfield Middle School. Kids who complete and 8 week program are given a dollar amount stipend. Within the program there are opportunities for adult mentors. If you are interested you can contact the Y.